The Resource March, Book three
- March, Book three
- Title number
- Book three
- Statement of responsibility
- written by John Lewis and Andrew Aydin ; art by Nate Powell
- Title variation
- March book 3
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- true1960s -- 1960 -- 1969
- trueAdult books for young adults
- African American civil rights workers -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- African American legislators -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- trueAfrican Americans -- Civil rights
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueAutobiographical comics
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- trueCivil Rights Movement
- trueCivil rights
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueComics and Graphic novels
- trueGraphic novels
- Graphic novels
- trueHistory writing -- United States -- African American | Civil rights
- Legislators -- United States -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- trueLewis, John, 1940 February 21-
- Lewis, John, 1940 February 21- -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueLife stories -- Politics | Activists and reformers
- truePoliticians -- Biography
- trueProtests, demonstrations, vigils, etc
- trueRace relations
- trueSociety and culture -- Race
- trueStudent Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.) -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- trueStudent movements
- trueUnited States -- Social conditions -- 20th century
- United States, Congress | House -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc
- By the fall of 1963, the Civil Rights Movement has penetrated deep into the American consciousness, and as a chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, John Lewis is guiding the tip of the spear. Through relentless direct action, SNCC continues to force the nation to confront its own blatant injustice, but for every step forward, the danger grows more intense: Jim Crow strikes back through legal tricks, intimidation, violence, and death. The only hope for lasting change is to give voice to the millions of Americans silenced by voter suppression: "One Man, One Vote." To carry out their nonviolent revolution, Lewis and an army of young activists launch a series of innovative campaigns, including the Freedom Vote, Mississippi Freedom Summer, and an all-out battle for the soul of the Democratic Party waged live on national television. With these new struggles come new allies, new opponents, and an unpredictable new president who might be both at once. But fractures within the movement are deepening... even as 25-year-old John Lewis prepares to risk everything in a historic showdown high above the Alabama river, in a town called Selma
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2016
- Carter G. Woodson Book Awards: Secondary Level, 2017.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2017.
- Eisner Awards, Best Reality-Based Work, 2017.
- Flora Stieglitz Straus Award, 2017.
- Glyph Comics Awards, Best Writer, 2017.
- Glyph Comics Awards, Story of the Year, 2017.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- Michael L. Printz Award, 2017.
- Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards, Best Original Graphic Novel, 2017
- Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards, Best Non-Fiction Graphic Work, 2017
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 2016.
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal, 2017.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- Walter Award, 2017.
- YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction, 2017.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2017.
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Series statement
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of March, Book three
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work March, Book three
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/zlKOzel99U0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/zlKOzel99U0/">March, Book three</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>