The Resource Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
- Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
- Statement of responsibility
- J.K. Rowling
- Title variation
- Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone
- trueFantasy fiction
- Literary prize winners
- trueBoarding schools
- NestlÃ© Children's Book Prize
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction
- truePotter, Harry (Fictitious character)
- Fantasy fiction
- Boarding schools -- Great Britain -- Juvenile fiction
- trueMagic -- Study and teaching
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- trueWizards' apprentices
- Witches -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories
- Wizards -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChild wizards
- trueEleven-year-old boys -- England
- trueSchools -- Great Britain
- trueBooks to movies
- British Book Awards
- There was a shower of shooting stars when Harry Potter was born - weathermen all over our world of Muggles were amazed. But in the other world, the Ministry of Magic wasn't surprised as all, for Harry Potter was to be one of its finest and most famous wizards. Brought by flying motorcycle to live with his horrible Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia and their truly terrible son Dudley, Harry lived unhappily until his 11th birthday. He is rescued by the magic, if somewhat disorganised messenger, Hagrid, and taken to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn his craft
- Member of
- ABBY Award for Children's Books, 1999.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 1998
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Older Reader, 2001.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Younger Reader, 2001.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Chapter Books, 2001.
- Book Sense Book of the Year for Children's Literature, 1999.
- British Book Award for Children's Book of the Year, 1997.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Young Adult, 2000.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2001.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2001.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2000.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2000.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2000.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2000.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2000.
- Mythopoeic Award for Children's Literature, 2008.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2000.
- Nestle Children's Book Prize for Nine to Eleven Year Olds, 1997.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2001.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1998.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2001.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2000.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2000.
- West Virginia Children's Choice Book Award, 2001.
- YALSA 100 Best Books, 1950-2000
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 1999
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Harry Potter (Original series)
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/w_a5ZywHPzE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/w_a5ZywHPzE/">Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>