The Resource The hate U give
- The hate U give
- Statement of responsibility
- Angie Thomas
- Title variation
- Hate you give
- Witnesses -- Juvenile fiction
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueAfrican American teenage girls
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueBooks to movies
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueInterracial dating
- truePolice shootings
- Police shootings -- Juvenile fiction
- Police-community relations -- Juvenile fiction
- truePrep schools
- truePublic relations -- Police
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Racism -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- Teenage girls -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Young adult fiction
- Sixteen-year-old Starr lives in two worlds: the poor neighbourhood where she was born and raised and the her posh high school in the suburbs. The uneasy balance between them is shattered when Starr is the only witness to the fatal shooting of her unarmed best friend, Khalil, by a police officer. Now what Starr says could destroy her community. It could also get her killed
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2017.
- Buckeye Teen Book Award (Ohio), Grades 9-12, 2018
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2018.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2019.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2017
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2018.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2019.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2019.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2019.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2018.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2017.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hate U give
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hate U give
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/wRTwxug3Z6s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/wRTwxug3Z6s/">The hate U give</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>