Hana's suitcase : a true story
The work Hana's suitcase : a true story represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in City Libraries, City of Gold Coast. This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Multimedia, Software, Computer Files.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
Hana's suitcase : a true story
The work Hana's suitcase : a true story represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in City Libraries, City of Gold Coast. This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Multimedia, Software, Computer Files.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Hana's suitcase : a true story
- Title remainder
- a true story
- Statement of responsibility
- Karen Levine
- Title variation
- Hanas suitcase
- Title variation remainder
- a true story
- trueBrady, Hana
- trueWorld War II -- Children -- Czechoslovakia
- trueNove Mesto nad Metuji, Czech Republic -- Biography
- trueHolocaust (1933-1945) -- Czechoslovakia
- trueWar and society
- trueHorokosuto Kyoiku Shiryo Senta
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Czech Republic -- Biography
- trueBiographies -- Identity | Children and teenagers
- trueIshioka, Fumiko
- trueHistory books -- Wars -- World War II -- Holocaust
- Jewish children in the Holocaust -- Czech Republic -- Biography
- trueTokyo Holocaust Education Resource Center
- trueCulture conflict
- trueBiographies -- People in history | Holocaust
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Study and teaching -- Japan
- trueBiographies -- Identity | Jewish
- trueCzech Republic -- History -- 20th century
- true1940s -- 1940 -- 1949
- trueSeparated friends, relatives, etc
- trueNarrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- trueHolocaust (1933-1945) -- Study and teaching
- trueWar -- Psychological aspects
- trueHolocaust (1933-1945) -- Children
- When Hana's suitcase arrives from Germany at the small Holocaust education centre in Japan, all the children who visit want to know about Hana. When Fumiko Ishioka, the centre's curator, decides to find the answers, she embarks on a journey of discovery. 'Really, it's a very ordinary looking suitcase. You could fit quite a lot in it. Books, games, treasures, toys. But nothing is inside it now. Across the front, there is a girl's name, Hana Brady. A date of birth: May 16 1931. And Waisenkind. That's the German word for orphan.' Where did Hana Brady come from? Where was she going? What did she pack? What Fumiko finds in Hana's suitcase is a true story of terrible sadness and great joy. Along with the original story, this anniversary edition includes updates from the author, Hana's brother, George Brady, and Fumiko Ishioka, and a sampling of the thousands of letters, tributes, artwork and photographs sent in by children touched by Hana's story
- Canadian Jewish Book Award
- Canadian Library Association Book of the Year Award for Children, 2003.
- Flora Stieglitz Straus Award, 2004.
- Golden Oak Award (Ontario), 2003.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2006.
- Hackmatack Children's Choice Book Award (Canada) for English Non-Fiction, 2004.
- National Chapter of Canada IODE Violet Downey Book Award, 2003.
- Red Cedar Book Awards (British Columbia), Non-fiction category, 2005.
- Rocky Mountain Book Award (Alberta), 2004.
- Silver Birch Award (Ontario), Nonfiction, 2003.
- Sydney Taylor Book Award for Older Readers, 2002.
- Vancouver Children's Literature Roundtable Information Book Award, 2003.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2004
- OLA Best Bets, 2002.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Hana's suitcase : a true story
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hana's suitcase : a true story
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/rs6OdzqW4bI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/rs6OdzqW4bI/">Hana's suitcase : a true story</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>