The Resource A child called 'It'
- A child called 'It'
- Statement of responsibility
- Dave Pelzer
- Title variation
- Child called it
- child called "It"
- Title variation remainder
- one childs courage to survive
- trueViolence against children
- trueMothers and sons
- Pelzer, David J
- truePsychic trauma in children
- Abused children -- California | Daly City -- Biography
- trueAdult child abuse victims -- United States -- Biography
- trueChild abuse
- trueChild abuse victims
- trueChild abusers
- trueChildren of alcoholics
- Children of alcoholics -- California | Daly City -- Biography
- trueCoping in children
- trueFamily violence
- Family violence -- California | Daly City
- A harrowing, yet inspiring true story of a young boy's abusive childhood, from internationally bestselling author Dave Pelzer.
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2005.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2000.
- West Australian Young Readers's Book Award (WAYRBA), Older Readers, 2005.
- Biography type
- Biographical or historical data
- Dave Pelzer is recognised as one of America's most effective and respected communicators. His unique accomplishments have garnered personal commendations from Ronald Reagan and George Bush. He has dedicated his life to helping others help themselves.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Series statement
- David Pelzer trilogy
- Series volume
- Summary expansion
- Dave Pelzer was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother, a mother who played tortuous, unpredictable games - games that left one of her three sons nearly dead. She no longer considered Dave a son, but a slave; no longer a boy, but an 'it'. His bed was an old army cot in the basement, his clothes were torn and smelly, and when he was allowed the luxury of food it was scraps from the dog's bowl. The outside world knew nothing of the nightmare played out behind closed doors. But throughout Dave kept alive dreams of finding a family to love him. This book covers the early years of his life and is an affecting an inspirational book of the horrors of child abuse and the steadfast determination of one child to survive
ContextContext of A child called 'It'
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A child called 'It'
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/qxFmnpidRm8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/qxFmnpidRm8/">A child called 'It'</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>