The Resource Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
- Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
- Statement of responsibility
- J. K. Rowling ; illustrated by Jim Kay
- Title variation
- Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueBoarding schools
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction
- truePotter, Harry (Fictitious character)
- Fantasy fiction
- trueMagic -- Study and teaching
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- trueWizards' apprentices
- Children's stories
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization) -- Juvenile fiction
- Wizards -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChild wizards
- trueEleven-year-old boys -- England
- trueSchools -- Great Britain
- trueBooks to movies
- Harry Potter has never even heard of Hogwarts when the letters start dropping on the doormat at number four, Privet Drive. Addressed in green ink on yellowish parchment with a purple seal, they are swiftly confiscated by his grisly aunt and uncle. Then, on Harry's eleventh birthday, a great beetle-eyed giant of a man called Rubeus Hagrid bursts in with some astonishing news: Harry Potter is a wizard, and he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. An incredible adventure is about to begin!
- Member of
- ABBY Award for Children's Books, 1999.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 1998
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Older Reader, 2001.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Younger Reader, 2001.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Chapter Books, 2001.
- Book Sense Book of the Year for Children's Literature, 1999.
- British Book Award for Children's Book of the Year, 1997.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Young Adult, 2000.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2001.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2001.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2000.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2000.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2000.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2000.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2000.
- Mythopoeic Award for Children's Literature, 2008.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2000.
- Nestle Children's Book Prize for Nine to Eleven Year Olds, 1997.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2001.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1998.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2001.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2000.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2000.
- West Virginia Children's Choice Book Award, 2001.
- YALSA 100 Best Books, 1950-2000
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 1999
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Harry Potter (Original series)
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/pmKpKMIYm18/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/pmKpKMIYm18/">Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>