The Resource Uglies
- Statement of responsibility
- Scott Westerfeld
- trueScience fiction
- trueElectronic books
- trueFifteen-year-old girls
- Brainwashing -- Fiction
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- trueMoles (Spies)
- trueDystopian fiction
- Tally (Fictitious character) -- Fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- truePlastic surgery
- Beauty, Personal -- Fiction
- Tally lives in a world where your sixteenth birthday brings aesthetic perfection: an operation which erases all your flaws, transforming you from an 'Ugly' into a 'Pretty'. She is on the eve of this important event, and cannot wait for her life to change. As well as guaranteeing supermodel looks, life as a Pretty seems to revolve around having a good time. But then she meets Shay, who is also fifteen - but with a very different outlook on life. Shay isn't sure she wants to be Pretty and plans to escape to a community in the forest - the Rusty Ruins - where Uglies go to escape ' turning'. Tally won't be persuaded to join her, as this would involve sacrificing everything she's ever wanted for a lot of uncertainty. When she is taken in for questioning on her birthday, however, Tally gets sent to the Ruins anyway - against her will. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she could ever imagine: find her friend Shay and turn her in, or never turn Pretty at all. What she discovers in the Ruins reveals that there is nothing 'pretty' about the transformations... And the choice Tally makes will change her world forever
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2007.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2007.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 6-8), 2008.
- Golden Duck Awards, Hal Clement Award for Young Adult
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2008.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2016
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2006
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Uglies
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Uglies
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/n66-EKg-6po/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/n66-EKg-6po/">Uglies</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>