The Resource There there
- There there
- Statement of responsibility
- Tommy Orange
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueNative American families
- Powwows -- Fiction
- Collective memory -- Fiction
- Group identity -- Fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueOakland, California
- trueMultiracial persons
- Identity (Philosophical concept) -- Fiction
- Documentary films -- Production and direction -- Fiction
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Indians of North America -- Fiction
- trueCulture conflict
- trueFamily reunions
- Recovering alcoholics -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Indians of North America -- Ethnic identity -- Fiction
- trueIndians of North America
- trueCity life
- Indians of North America -- California | Oakland -- Fiction
- Mass shootings -- Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- Oakland (Calif.) -- Fiction
- trueIndians of North America -- Urban residence
- Dysfunctional families -- Fiction
- Jacquie Red Feather is newly sober and trying to make it back to the family she left behind in shame. Dene Oxendene is pulling his life together after his uncle's death and has come to work the powwow and to honour his uncle's memory. Edwin Frank has come to find his true father. Bobby Big Medicine has come to drum the Grand Entry. Opal Viola Victoria Bear Shield has come to watch her nephew Orvil Red Feather. Orvil has taught himself Indian dance through YouTube videos, and he has come to the powwow to dance in public for the very first time. Tony Loneman is a young Native American boy whose future seems destined to be as bleak as his past, and he has come to the Powwow with darker intentions intentions that will destroy the lives of everyone in his path
- ALA Notable Book, 2019.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2018.
- Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Debut, 2019.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2018.
- Loan Stars Favourites, 2018.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2018
- Society of American Historians Prize for Historical Fiction (formerly the James Fenimore Cooper Prize), 2019.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of There there
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work There there
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/k8d17F7Hihk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/k8d17F7Hihk/">There there</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>