The Resource Is that you, Miss Blue?
- Is that you, Miss Blue?
- Statement of responsibility
- M.E. Kerr
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- Divorce -- Juvenile fiction
- trueElectronic books
- Boarding schools -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFourteen-year-old girls
- trueBoarding schools
- trueChildren of separated parents
- trueChildren of clergy
- trueTeacher-student relationships
- trueComing-of-age stories
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Virginia -- Social life and customs -- Juvenile fiction
- A teenager whose parents have separated tries to adapt to life at a boarding school and make a fresh start in a strange new place. After her mother runs off with her much-younger boyfriend, fourteen-year-old Flanders is shipped off to a boarding school in Virginia. On the train, she meets Carolyn Cardmaker, a preacher's daughter who will become her best friend. She also meets Ernestine Blue. Miss Blue is Flanders's faculty advisor at the Charles School, where each residence hall is named after a Charles Dickens novel. But Miss Blue's strict disciplinarian persona may be concealing a tragic past. As Flanders adjusts to life at school-- which includes a deaf roommate and a terrifying blind date-- she discovers surprising things about Miss Blue . . . and herself. A coming-of-age novel that transcends the ordinary in its perceptive, empathetic depiction of Flanders and the people in her life, Is That You, Miss Blue? takes us into a world where not everyone can be taken at face value-- and where strangers can become unexpected friends. This ebook features an illustrated personal history of M. E. Kerr including rare images from the author's collection.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Is that you, Miss Blue?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Is that you, Miss Blue?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/jWJOBimD-SA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/jWJOBimD-SA/">Is that you, Miss Blue?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>