The Resource Thinking, fast and slow
- Thinking, fast and slow
- Statement of responsibility
- Daniel Kahneman
- Daniel Kahneman, Nobel laureate in Economics for his seminal work in psychology that challenged the rational model of judgment and decision making, is one of our most important thinkers. His ideas have had a profound impact on many fields, but he has never brought them together in one book. Here, he explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. Kahneman exposes the capabilities--and also the faults and biases--of fast thinking, and reveals the pervasive influence of intuitive impressions on our thoughts and behavior. Then he reveals where we can and cannot trust our intuitions and how we can tap into the benefits of slow thinking. He offers practical and enlightening insights into how choices are made in both our business and our personal lives--and how we can use different techniques to guard against the mental glitches that often get us into trouble.--From publisher description
- ALA Notable Book, 2012.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Current Interest, 2011.
- National Academies Communication Award, 2012.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2011.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Thinking, fast and slow
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Thinking, fast and slow
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/jLH_EqkvoP0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/jLH_EqkvoP0/">Thinking, fast and slow</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>