The Resource The marrow thieves
- The marrow thieves
- Statement of responsibility
- Cherie Dimaline
- Science fiction
- trueApocalyptic fiction
- trueBone marrow
- Bone marrow -- Fiction
- trueCanadian fiction
- Dreams -- Fiction
- trueDystopian fiction
- trueFirst Nations (Canada)
- Global warming -- Fiction
- Indians of North America -- Fiction
- trueNative American teenage boys
- Procurement of organs, tissues, etc -- Fiction
- trueProcurement of organs, tissues, etc
- trueTeenage boys
- trueTeenage boy orphans
- trueScience fiction
- In a future world ravaged by global warming, people have lost the ability to dream, and the dreamlessness has led to widespread madness. The only people still able to dream are North America's indigenous population - and it is their marrow that holds the cure for the rest of the world. But getting the marrow - and dreams - means death for the unwilling donors. Driven to flight, a 15-year-old and his companions struggle for survival, attempt to reunite with loved ones, and take refuge from the recruiters who seek them out to bring them to the marrow-stealing factories
- Amy Mathers Teen Book Award, 2018.
- Burt Award for First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Literature, 2018.
- Governor General's Literary Award for English-Language Children's Literature, 2017
- Kirkus Prize for Young Readers' Literature, 2017.
- OLA Best Bets, 2017
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- American Indian Youth Literature Awards Honor Book, Young Adult Book, 2018.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The marrow thieves
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The marrow thieves
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/gaaYAKE8sY0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/gaaYAKE8sY0/">The marrow thieves</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>