The Resource Matilda
- Statement of responsibility
- Roald Dahl ; ilustrated by Quentin Blake
- trueIndependence in girls
- trueWomen headmasters
- trueAssertiveness in girls
- trueFantasy fiction
- truePractical jokes
- trueElementary schools
- trueElementary school teachers
- trueSchool children
- trueChildren's stories
- trueTeacher-student relationships
- trueGifted girls
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- trueLow fantasy
- Teachers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueHumorous stories
- trueGifted girls -- Family relationships
- trueBooks to movies
- Parent and child -- Juvenile fiction
- . Matilda Wormwood's father thinks she's a little scab. Matilda's mother spends all afternoon playing bingo. And Matilda's headmistress Miss Trunchbull? Well, she's the worst of all. She is a big bully, who thinks all her pupils are rotten and locks them in the dreaded Chokey. As for Matilda, she's an extraordinary little girl with a magical mind - and now she's had enough. So all these grown-ups had better watch out, because Matilda is going to teach them a lesson they'll never forget
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 1991.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 4-6, 1992.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 1992.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Younger Reader, 1997.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 1990.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 1991.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1992.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 1991.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Elementary School, 1991.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 1989.
- West Virginia Children's Choice Book Award, 1992.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Matilda
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Matilda
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/fzuVqGqLqCI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/fzuVqGqLqCI/">Matilda</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>