The Resource The road
- The road
- Statement of responsibility
- Cormac McCarthy
- Survival skills -- Fiction
- trueFamilial love
- trueFathers and sons
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction
- trueNear future
- truePersonal conduct
- Regression (Civilization) -- Fiction
- trueSurvival (after nuclear warfare)
- trueUnited States
- Voyages and travels -- Fiction
- A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and when the snow falls it is gray. They sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing; just a pistol to defend themselves against the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearting, a cart of scavenged food-and each other. The Road is the profoundly moving story of a journey. It boldly imagines a future in which no hope remains, but in which the father and his son, "each the other's world entire," are sustained by love. Awesome in the totality of its vision, it is an unflinching meditation on the worst and the best that we are capable of: ultimate destructiveness, desperate tenacity, and the tenderness that keeps two people alive in the face of total devastation
- ALA Notable Book, 2007.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2006.
- James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction, 2006.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2006.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2006
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2007.
- Awards note
- Pulitzer Prizes.
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
ContextContext of The road
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The road
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/byNZaN_56-I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/byNZaN_56-I/">The road</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>