The Resource Flip and Fin : we rule the school!
- Flip and Fin : we rule the school!
- Title remainder
- we rule the school!
- Statement of responsibility
- by Timothy Gill ; illustrated by Neil Numberman
- Title variation
- We rule the school!
- trueChildren's stories
- trueSand tiger shark
- Sand tiger shark -- Juvenile fiction
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Sharks -- Juvenile fiction
- trueStage fright
- Stage fright -- Juvenile fiction
- Twins -- Juvenile fiction
- Wit and humor -- Juvenile fiction
- Brothers -- Juvenile fiction
- Flip, a sandshark, practices all week for Joke Day at school, but when the time comes and he faces a big crowd, Flip freezes until his twin brother, Fin, comes to the rescue
- (The following is a combined review for FLIP & and FIN)These twin sand sharks just love a good joke. Flip and Fin are on their way to school when Flip tries out a joke on his brother: "What did the sawfish see?…He saw fish!" Ouch. Fin tells his twin that with Joke Day coming up at school, Flip is going to need a lot of practice to measure up. At school, while Fin builds a sandcastle with Swimmy the jellyfish, Flip tries out a joke on Molly the anglerfish. He forgets the punch line. When Flip and Fin play superheroes, though, Flip's jokes improve—must be the cape. He keeps practicing. When Joke Day arrives, the big kids tell great jokes…but even with his cape on, Flip gets stage fright until Fin helps out from the audience. Then all the sea creatures have a joke-a-thon. Gill's tale of finny, fraternal support is a fine fable. Everything works out, and some of the jokes are actually funny (though the audience at Joke Day laughs hysterically at the banana/orange knock-knock joke without the necessary setup). Numberman's watercolor illustrations are inviting, expressive and silly in their cartoon, saucer-eyed exaggeration. The fishy facts at the close are a plus. Particularly good for kids not ready to move beyond nonthreatening shark stories. (Picture book. 5-7)(Kirkus Reviews, February 1, 2014)
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Flip & Fin
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Flip and Fin : we rule the school!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Flip and Fin : we rule the school!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/WKv02Juufn0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/WKv02Juufn0/">Flip and Fin : we rule the school!</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>