The Resource The serpent king
- The serpent king
- Statement of responsibility
- Jeff Zentner
- Children of criminals -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueSelf-fulfillment in teenagers
- Young adult fiction
- trueChildren of prisoners
- Country life -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRural teenagers
- trueTeenage musicians
- trueChildren of clergy
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- trueHigh school seniors
- trueRural life
- Self-actualization (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- A dark, southern gothic novel about small-town dreams, love and grief. Dill's father is in jail for an unspeakable crime. Shunned by the neighbours in their small religious Tennessee town, Dill and his mother try to make ends meet. Dill's only respite from poverty and prejudice are his two friends: Lydia and Travis. Travis is an oddball, finding sanctuary from his violent father in his obsession with an epic fantasy saga. Lydia is fast-talking and fiercely creative, pinning her hopes on her achingly cool fashion blog. Dill fears his heart will break when she escapes to a better life in New York. Dill wants to get through his final year of high school in one piece. But there's a dark secret at the heart of his family, a serpent poisoning his blood, filling him with despair. Dill must confront this legacy of madness and desperation before it tears him apart
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2017.
- International Reading Association Children's Book Award for Young Adult Fiction, 2017.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2017.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2017.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2017.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The serpent king
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The serpent king
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/TpZMJdiHsFc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/TpZMJdiHsFc/">The serpent king</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>