The Resource Sisters
- Statement of responsibility
- Raina Telgemeier with color by Stephanie Yue
- Graphic novels
- trueAutobiographical comics
- trueComics and Graphic novels
- trueFamily relationships
- trueTelgemeier, Raina
- Families -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueBiographies -- Arts | Writing | Authors and Illustrators
- Sisters -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueAutomobile travel
- Children's stories
- trueNarrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- trueGirls -- Family relationships
- Raina cannot wait to be a big sister. But once Amara is born, things are not quite how she expected them to be. Amara is cute, but she is also a cranky, grouchy baby, and mostly prefers to play by herself. Their relationship does not improve much over the years, but when a baby brother enters the picture and later, something does not seem right between their parents, they realize they must figure out how to get along. They are sisters, after all. Raina uses her signature humor and charm in both present-day narrative and perfectly placed flashbacks to tell the story of her relationship with her sister, which unfolds during the course of a road trip from their home in San Francisco to a family reunion in Colorado
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2018.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2015
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2015.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Junior Book, 2016.
- Garden State Children's Book Award (New Jersey), Children's Fiction, 2017.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Intermediate, 2018.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Fiction, 2014
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2016
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2017.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of Sisters
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Sisters
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/Sk5Baytj2F4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/Sk5Baytj2F4/">Sisters</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>