The Resource Because of Mr. Terupt
- Because of Mr. Terupt
- Statement of responsibility
- Rob Buyea
- trueRealistic fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueElementary school teachers
- Connecticut -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChildren's stories
- trueTeacher-student relationships
- trueSmall towns -- Connecticut
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Teachers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- truePeople in comas
- Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special. It's the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There's . . . Jessica, the new girl, smart and perceptive, who's having a hard time fitting in; Alexia, a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next; Peter, class prankster and troublemaker; Luke, the brain; Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy Anna, whose home situation makes her an outcast; and Jeffrey, who hates school. Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn't let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything--and everyone
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2013.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 2013.
- Iowa Children's Choice Award, 2014.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2013.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division I (Grades 3-5), 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2013.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Mr. Terupt
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Because of Mr. Terupt
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Because of Mr. Terupt
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/ONtPOHctL9I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/ONtPOHctL9I/">Because of Mr. Terupt</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>