The Resource The 57 bus
- The 57 bus
- Statement of responsibility
- Dashka Slater
- Title variation
- Fifty-seven bus
- A true story of two teenagers and the crime that changed their lives
- trueCriminal justice system
- Fleischman, Sasha
- trueGender identity
- Gender nonconformity -- Social aspects
- Thomas, Richard, 1997-
- Transgender youth -- Violence against -- California
- trueVictims of crimes
- Hate crimes -- California
- Asexual people -- Violence against
- trueAssault and battery
- Assault and battery -- California
- One teenager in a skirt. One teenager with a lighter. One moment that changes both of their lives forever. If it weren't for the 57 bus, Sasha and Richard never would have met. Both were high school students from Oakland, California, one of the most diverse cities in the country, but they inhabited different worlds. Sasha, a white teen, lived in the middle-class foothills and attended a small private school. Richard, a black teen, lived in the crime-plagued flatlands and attended a large public one. Each day, their paths overlapped for a mere eight minutes. But one afternoon on the bus ride home from school, a single reckless act left Sasha severely burned, and Richard charged with two hate crimes and facing life imprisonment. The case garnered international attention, thrusting both teenagers into the spotlight
- Green Mountain Book Award (Vermont), 2019.
- Rainbow List, 2018.
- School Library Journal Best Nonfiction Book, 2017.
- Stonewall Book Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Biography type
- collective biography
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of The 57 bus
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The 57 bus
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/O3DqSWqQFr8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/O3DqSWqQFr8/">The 57 bus</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>