The Resource Elijah of Buxton
- Elijah of Buxton
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- trueAfrican American boys
- true1860s -- 1860 -- 1869
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueAfrican Americans
- trueBlack Canadian children
- trueBlack Canadians
- Blacks -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCanada -- History -- 1763-1867
- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCanadian fiction
- trueElectronic books
- trueEleven-year-old boys
- trueFreed slaves
- trueHistorical fiction
- Liberty -- Juvenile fiction
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueNorth Buxton, Ontario
- truePreteen boys
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- In 1859, eleven-year-old Elijah Freeman, the first free-born child in Buxton, Canada, which is a haven for slaves fleeing the American south, uses his wits and skills to try to bring to justice the lying preacher who has stolen money that was to be used to buy a family's freedom
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2008
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2007
- Canadian Library Association Book of the Year Award for Children, 2008.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2008.
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction, 2008.
- Great Lakes Book Awards, Children's category, 2008.
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award, 2008.
- TD Canadian Children's Literature Award, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Awards note
- Newbery Honor Book, 2008.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Elijah of Buxton
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Elijah of Buxton
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/K5WqsAehlKk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/K5WqsAehlKk/">Elijah of Buxton</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>