The Resource The long and faraway gone
- The long and faraway gone
- Statement of responsibility
- Lou Berney
- Large print books
- trueMissing teenage girls
- Cold cases (Criminal investigation) -- Fiction
- truePrivate investigators
- trueMass murder
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- Detective and mystery fiction
- trueCold cases (Criminal investigation)
- Private investigators -- Fiction
- trueGuilt in men
- In the summer of 1986, two tragedies rocked Oklahoma City. Six movie-theater employees were killed in an armed robbery, while one inexplicably survived. Then, a teenage girl vanished from the annual State Fair. Neither crime was ever solved. Twenty-five years later, the reverberations of those unsolved cases quietly echo through survivors' lives. Now a private investigator in Vegas, robbery survivor Wyatt's latest inquiry takes him back to a past he's tried to escape, and drags him deeper into the harrowing mystery of the movie house massacre that left six of his friends dead. Like Wyatt, Julianna struggles with the past, the day her beautiful older sister Genevieve disappeared. When Julianna discovers that one of the original suspects has resurfaced, she'll stop at nothing to find answers. As Wyatt's case becomes more complicated and Julianna seeks answers, their obsessive quests not only stir memories of youth and first love, but also begin to illuminate dark secrets of the past. Even if they find the truth, will it help them understand what happened during that long and faraway gone summer? Will it set them free, or ultimately destroy them?
- Anthony Award for Best Paperback Original, 2016
- Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Paperback Original Mystery, 2017.
- Macavity Award for Best Mystery Novel, 2015.
- Oklahoma Book Award for Fiction, 2016.
- RUSA Reading List, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The long and faraway gone
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The long and faraway gone
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/Euhb6rZxhyI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/Euhb6rZxhyI/">The long and faraway gone</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>