The Resource Anna and the Swallow Man
- Anna and the Swallow Man
- Statement of responsibility
- Gavriel Savit
- trueSeven-year-old girls
- trueBonding (Interpersonal relations)
- trueChildren's stories
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- trueGirl orphans
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueInnocence (Psychology)
- truePoland -- History -- Occupation, 1939-1945
- Poland -- History -- Occupation, 1939-1945 -- Juvenile fiction
- trueSecond World War era (1939-1945) -- 1939 -- 1945
- Tramps -- Juvenile fiction
- trueWorld War II
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Juvenile fiction
- Anna and the Swallow Man is a stunning, literary, and wholly original debut novel that tells a new WW2 story. KrakÃ3w, 1939, is no place to grow up. There are a million marching soldiers and a thousand barking dogs. And Anna Lania is just seven years old when the Germans take her father and suddenly, she's alone. Then she meets the Swallow Man. He is a mystery, strange and tall. And like Anna's missing father, he has a gift for languages: Polish, Russian, German, Yiddish, even Bird. When he summons a bright, beautiful swallow down to his hand to stop her from crying, Anna is entranced. Over the course of their travels together, Anna and the Swallow Man will dodge bombs, tame soldiers, and even, despite their better judgement, make a friend. But in a world gone mad, everything can prove dangerous..
- ALSC Notable Children's Recording, 2017.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Audio for Youth, 2016
- Odyssey Award for Excellence in Audiobook Production, 2017.
- YALSA Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults, 2017.
- YALSA Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults Top Ten, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Read by Allan Corduner
- Target audience
ContextContext of Anna and the Swallow Man
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Anna and the Swallow Man
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/50EZqJAfiB0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/50EZqJAfiB0/">Anna and the Swallow Man</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>