The Resource The day the crayons quit
- The day the crayons quit
- Statement of responsibility
- by Drew Daywalt ; pictures by Oliver Jeffers
- The Number One New York Times Bestseller! Debut author Drew Daywalt and international bestseller Oliver Jeffers team up to create a colourful solution to a crayon-based crisis in this playful, imaginative story that will have children laughing and playing with their crayons in a whole new way. Poor Duncan just wants to colour in. But when he opens his box of crayons, he only finds letters, all saying the same thing: We quit! Beige is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown, Blue needs a break from colouring in all that water, while Pink just wants to be used. Green has no complaints, but Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking to each other. The battle lines have been drawn. What is Duncan to do?
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2014
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland) for Picture Books, 2015.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades K-2, 2015.
- California Young Reader Medal, Primary, 2016.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Picture Book, 2015.
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Picture Book (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Best New Picture Book), 2014.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Picture Books, 2015.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2013.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Primary, 2015.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades K-3, 2016.
- Goldfinch Award (Iowa), 2016.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Picture Book Category, 2015.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades K-1, 2014.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), Primary category, 2015.
- Monarch Award: Illinois K-3 Children's Choice Award, 2015.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Picture Books category, 2015.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Elementary category, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2013.
- South Carolina Book Award, Picture Books, 2016.
- Surrey Schools' Picture Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2015.
- Texas Bluebonnet Award, 2015.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Picture Book, 2015.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Picture Books, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The day the crayons quit
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The day the crayons quit
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/4fdPpVVQiQ8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/4fdPpVVQiQ8/">The day the crayons quit</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>