The Resource An American marriage
- An American marriage
- Statement of responsibility
- Tayari Jones
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueAtlanta, Georgia
- trueDomestic fiction
- trueFalse imprisonment
- trueLetter writing
- African Americans -- Marriage -- Fiction
- African American families -- Fiction
- trueMen/women relations
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction
- trueAfrican American families
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Social problem fiction
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueExtramarital affairs
- Large type books
- trueHusband and wife
- trueLife change events
- Domestic fiction
- False imprisonment -- Fiction
- trueSouthern fiction
- trueAfrican Americans
- Newlyweds Celestial and Roy are the embodiment of both the American Dream and the New South. He is a young executive and she is an artist on the brink of an exciting career. But as they settle into the routine of their life together, they are ripped apart by circumstances neither could have imagined. Roy is arrested and sentenced to twelve years for a crime Celestial knows he didn't commit. Though fiercely independent, Celestial finds herself bereft and unmoored, taking comfort in Andre, her childhood friend, and best man at their wedding. As Roy's time in prison passes, she is unable to hold on to the love that has been her center. After five years, Roy's conviction is suddenly overturned, and he returns to Atlanta ready to resume their life together
- ALA Notable Book, 2019.
- Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction, 2019.
- BCALA Literary Award for Fiction, 2019.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2018.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2018
- Awards note
- Oprah Book Club 2018 selection.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of An American marriage
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work An American marriage
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/2ef6DGe3GPY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/2ef6DGe3GPY/">An American marriage</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>