The Resource Dragon hoops
- Dragon hoops
- Statement of responsibility
- Gene Luen Yang ; color by Lark Pien
- Title variation
- Dragon hoops
- Title variation remainder
- from small steps, to great leaps
- trueBasketball tournaments
- trueCatholic schools
- trueComic book writers
- Graphic novels
- trueHigh school athletes
- trueHigh school basketball
- trueHigh school basketball players
- trueHigh school teachers
- trueHigh schools
- trueOakland, California
- trueSports tournaments
- Yang, Gene Luen -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Autobiographical comics
- Basketball players -- Comic books, strips, etc
- In his latest graphic novel, Dragon Hoops, New York Times bestselling author Gene Luen Yang turns the spotlight on his life, his family, and the high school where he teaches. Gene understands stories-comic book stories, in particular. Big action. Bigger thrills. And the hero always wins. But Gene doesn't get sports. As a kid, his friends called him "Stick" and every basketball game he played ended in pain. He lost interest in basketball long ago, but at the high school where he now teaches, it's all anyone can talk about. The men's varsity team, the Dragons, is having a phenomenal season that's been decades in the making. Each victory brings them closer to their ultimate goal: the California State Championships. Once Gene gets to know these young all-stars, he realizes that their story is just as thrilling as anything he's seen on a comic book page. He knows he has to follow this epic to its end. What he doesn't know yet is that this season is not only going to change the Dragons's lives, but his own life as well
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Teen Books, Graphic Novel, 2022.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2021.
- Harvey Awards, Book of the Year, 2020.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2021.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2020.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2021.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2021.
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of Dragon hoops
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dragon hoops
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/14IVR5KwOzA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/14IVR5KwOzA/">Dragon hoops</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>