The Resource The hate u give
- The hate u give
- Statement of responsibility
- Angie Thomas
- Title variation
- Hate you give
- Witnesses -- Juvenile fiction
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueAfrican American teenage girls
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueBooks to movies
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueInterracial dating
- truePolice shootings
- Police shootings -- Juvenile fiction
- Police-community relations -- Juvenile fiction
- truePrep schools
- truePublic relations -- Police
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Racism -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- Young adult fiction
- Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed. Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr. But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2017.
- Buckeye Teen Book Award (Ohio), Grades 9-12, 2018
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2018.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2019.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2017
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2018.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2019.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2019.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2019.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2018.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2017.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2018
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Young adult
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hate u give
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hate u give
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/0M4d4mkHGSA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/resource/0M4d4mkHGSA/">The hate u give</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/">City Libraries, City of Gold Coast</a></span></span></span></span></div>